Film Critics Screen Student Shorts
Columbia College Chicago partnered with the Chicago Film Critics Association to showcase and honor student short films during the annual CFCA Awards on Feb. 8.
Columbia College students submitted 47 short films to be judged by CFCA critics with a shortlist of finalists shown at Muvico Theaters in Rosemont, the site of the association’s annual awards dinner the following night. The winning entry was named at the end of the Friday screenings and honored on stage Saturday, Feb. 9, at the awards dinner.
- "The Actress" - Director: Matthew Sadowski
- "After Image" - Director: Bubba Murray
- "Bowls of Water" - Director: Andrea C. Pabon
- "Dispatch" - Director: Edward Robles
- "Down 'n Derby" - Director: Bubba Murray
- "Haven" - Director: Dan Comella
- "The Other Side" - Director: Rachael Russakoff & Beth Zwolski
- "Painting Blues" - Director: Julian Walker
- "Pearls" - Director: Tyler Harris
- "Play Date" - Director: Mike Wytrykus
- "The Treehouse" - Director: A.J. Sheeran and Sam Shapson
The three top films were recognized, and the first place film was named the recipient of the “Emerging Filmmaker Award” and given a $5,000 cash prize sponsored by Perillo BMW.
For more details, please visit http://www.muvico.com/CFCA_AwardsShow.aspx
. Information on the Chicago Film Critics Association can be found at www.chicagofilmcritics.org
. Proceeds benefit the Emerging Filmmaker Scholarship Fund of CFCA.