Enter Final Grades on OASIS May 13 – May 25
May 7, 2013
Faculty can enter grades on OASIS, for each of their Spring courses, beginning Monday, May 13. The deadline for grade submission is Saturday, May 25, at 11:59 PM. Grades must be entered through OASIS. To enter grades, follow these instructions:
- Open the Oasis Portal (www.oasis.colum.edu) and log in using your Oasis ID and password. If you do not have this information, contact Client Services (312-369-7001).
- Click on the Faculty Tab.
- In the CX-Faculty Main Portlet, click on the Grade Entry link. Set the catalog to UG12 (undergraduate) or GR12 (graduate) and the Current Option Settings to Spring 2013.
- On the Grade Entry Screen, select the radio button next to the course. Click on the Select Course Marked button. If you do not see your courses, contact Client Services (312-369-7001).
- You will be asked if you are entering Final, Midterm or Attendance grades. Select Final and click the Continue button.
- The actual grade screen will have all of your students listed. Each student will have a grade of IP (in progress). If a student withdrew, a grade of W will appear. Undergraduate students who opted for the Pass/Fail option will be indicated. Use the downward arrow to select a grade from the listing or type in the desired grade. Only valid grades will be accepted. If a dropdown menu does not appear, it may be a problem with your browser. Internet Explorer 6.0 or the latest version of Firefox is required.
- If you are awarding a grade of “F”, a drop down window will appear and you will be asked to indicate the last week the student attended the class. This is required for financial aid compliance purposes. If the student attended the entire semester, and is failing due to poor performance, rather than non-attendance, please select 9+.
- Enter a grade for every student. When all grades are entered, click on the Submit Grades button. A confirmation will be sent to your Columbia e-mail. Print this for your files. Please note that students will be able to see their grades immediately after you submit them.
- The deadline for submission of grades is Saturday, May 25, at 11:59 pm. Grades submitted after that date are considered to be late. The grading window will remain open for the submission of late grades until 11:59 pm, Saturday, June 1. You may go back and change individual grades until that date.
- Re: Grade Changes After June 1, grades can only be changed using the online Grade Change Form. This form must also be used to change grades from previous semesters. It can be found on the OASIS faculty home page under Online Forms.
For additional assistance and clarification, the following services are available:
An on-line webcast on how to enter your final grades is available at (http://www.colum.edu/oasis/Mov_folder/fge.mov
The Center for Innovation in Teaching Excellence will provide hands-on assistance with grade entry on Wednesday, May 22, from 10 am to 12 pm, in room 811F, 600 S. Michigan.
Contact the Records Office (312-369-7224) if you have additional questions and Client Services (312-369-7001) for technical assistance.