School of Media Arts Seeking Applications for Position of Associate Dean
The Office of the Dean, School of Media Arts is seeking applications for an Associate Dean.
The Associate Dean is a senior member of the School's administrative team and pivotal member of the Dean's office. The position calls for creative leadership, knowledge of current trends in higher education administration, and a commitment to advancing creative endeavors through pedagogy and teamwork at both the graduate and undergraduate level.
The Associate Dean works closely with the Assistant Dean for Advisement in coordinating School process and policy for student support activities and interfacing with the Office of Student Affairs, and directly with the Office of the Provost and with counterparts in the School of Fine and Performing Arts and the School of Liberal Arts and Sciences to develop college-wide process and coordinate academic initiatives. Equally, the Associate Dean works directly with the Dean to develop strategy and process for a wide range of School-wide development activities and program opportunities.
The successful candidate will have: Administrative experience tied directly to the coordination and support of academic programs, students, and faculty; A minimum of an earned Master's degree (preference will be given to candidates having a doctorate or other terminal degree); A record of progressive levels of responsibility within a college or university setting; A record of providing leadership to faculty colleagues and working collegially with all levels of college administration.
The portfolio of responsibilities that come with the Associate Dean position include:
* Oversight of the curriculum and course development process, including assessment, catalog, and program review measures; Oversight of class scheduling and coordination;
* Oversight of student academic relationships, questions and performance, including grading and policy review, and course waivers and substitutions;
* Oversight of the operations of independent studies and internships;
* Engagement with and coordination of assignments for departmental academic managers;
* Engagement with adjunct faculty academic questions and concerns;
* Leadership for development of online instruction.
The position of Associate Dean, School of Media Arts is anticipated to start Fall 2012.
Informal expressions of interest are currently being accepted by Charles Castle, Assistant Dean, at firstname.lastname@example.org until such time as the formal web application is available on the Columbia College Chicago Employment website. No phone calls please.
Columbia College Chicago encourages qualified female, LGBTQ, disabled, and minority individuals to apply for all positions.