Hair Trigger 33 and Fictionary have been awarded a gold medalist
certificate (not to be confused with Gold Crown, which won't be awarded
till March), and a number of students have won awards for their stories.
Awards are as follows:
Hair Trigger 33
- 1. Ryan Sinon (MFA alum): "Letters to a Statue"
- 2. Kate Stenger (undergrad): "The Ear"
- 1. Eric Hazen (undergrad) : "It's Done"
- 2. Bryan Strausbaugh (undergrad): "Beauty in This"
- 3. Sarah C. Hogan (undergrad): "Always Open"
- 4. Certificate of Merit--Josh Alletto (MFA alum and adjunct faculty): "The Way the Elephants Swing Their Trunks"Essays:
2. Maggie Ritchie (MFA candidate): "Raising Chickens"
3. Ashley Keenan (undergrad): "Seizures"
Certificate of Merit-Erin Nederbo: "John"
Certificate of Merit-Ilana Shabanov(MFA alum): "The Dance on Lombard Street"
1. Terrell Isselhard (undergrad): "The Pet Shop Tales: A Halfhearted Rejection of Existentialism"
2. Jason Edward Harrington (undergrad): "Red Light"
Overall design: Specialty Magazine
1. Nicolette Kittinger (MFA candidate): "Irvine Welsh: The Fictionary Interview"
Certificate of Merit-Greg Baldino (undergrad): "Worth a Thousand Words: Audrey Niffenegger on the Marriage of Voice and Image"
3. Steffan Coisson, designer for Columbia's Creative Services Department