Want traction in a job search? Thinking about what’s next or what’s possible in your career? Columbia alumni are invited to participate in a special opportunity with our career services partner, Career Transitions Center of Chicago (CTC), www.ctcchicago.org.
CTC provides job/career coaching and programming to professionals to those in job search, navigating career transition or seeking career advancement. CTC is an abundant resource for professionals from all fields, and at all career levels, helping them meet their goals. Columbia College sponsors the work of Career Transitions Center, a 501(c)3 not-for-profit, in order to offer the services of CTC to our alumni. Now we can extend these services to our alumni anywhere!
Wherever you live and work, you can take advantage of CTC’s service to expedite your job search or create greater success and meaning in your career. Later this month, you have the opportunity to participate in a twelve-week virtual program for at a special introductory rate for Columbia alumni of $125.00 (rate to the public is $300 for this offering). It includes program orientation and structure, one-on-one job coaching each week (career/executive coaching can cost $150-500/hour), content, tips and techniques for creating opportunity in today’s market, plus a weekly one-hour networking mastery group facilitated by a expert career coach. You will gain important insight, confidence and greater effectiveness – better able to control and accelerate success as you determine it!
With CTC Virtual Services, you will gain focus and momentum with respect to career vision and direction, develop your brand/market position, find ways to identify opportunities, work on networking/outreach effectiveness, learn proven interviewing practices, and create a plan for progress with goals and action steps.
Don’t spend another minute feeling that a good opportunity or satisfying career is beyond your reach, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and reference CTC Virtual Services. Next cohort starts in February 2013.
CTC Virtual Services Overview
The twelve-week CTC Virtual Services Pilot experience consists of:
• Introductory/ Participant Orientation session (approx. 45 minute conference call);
• (10) Weekly one-on-one coaching sessions (approx. 45 minutes via call, Skype, FaceTime);
• (10) Weekly Networking Mastery group calls (approx. 60 minute conference call);
• 2-3 hours each week of independent work fully supported by program content and a variety of Web-based tools. Prepared work for one-on-one coaching is submitted to your coach prior to your scheduled coaching session each week.
Goals & Learning Outcomes
At the end of this program, you will be able to:
1) Understand what specific skills and activities for successful job search (skills you gain can also serve your ongoing career management);
2) Use project management techniques and tools to organize your search, determining the means by which you will engage and forward progress;
3) Identify your specific skills, values, interests, and strengths and areas of development relevant to 2-3 specific targeted employment/career opportunities;
4) Create a Value Statement and align success stories that aligns past experience and contribution to relevant to target opportunities;
5) Create resume/CV, other written and spoken communications for outreach and interviews;
6) Commence the networking, communication, & outreach that create momentum and connection;
7) Practice & gain confidence interviewing (including use of video interviewing for practice); and
8) Understand the basics of negotiation of and response to job offers, including compensation and terms of employment.
Resources for Program
- CTC Virtual Services technology platform (offered in tandem with our technology partner, Optimal Resume). You will have access to Web-based tools including, Optimal Resume (resume-builder), Optimal Letter (for search communications), Optimal Interview (for mock video/ interview practice), Optimal Efolio and Optimal Video Resume
- O*Net for skills assessment and job market research
- CTC Virtual Services job search materials and helps (posted as Google docs – you will need a Google/Gmail account to access)
- SimplyHired, Indeed.com and/or other job-specific search engines and job sites
- LinkedIn for professional positioning, outreach and additional job search activities